Marcin Guźla (b. 1985) is a versatile artist working in many fields and mediums such as printmaking, drawing, poetry, music and text. He was an actor and assistant with Arka Theatre. He is a member of the music group Maszyniści Dźwięku (Ostoja Association). Marcin has been associated with ArtBrut Gallery since its inception in 2009 as an artist and project coordinator.
Selected exhibitions and activities:
- „Antidote” project at the 12th Survival Art Survey, City – Inflammatory State, Wrocław.
- „On the Common: Waves All Around 1 & 2”, WRO Art Center and as part of the Media Art Biennale WRO 2013 Pioneering Values, Wrocław.
- „Jubilo” project, ArtBrut Gallery and Song of the Goat Theatre, Wrocław.
- „Chord Prints”, solo show, ArtBrut Gallery.
- „Pink”, ArtBrut Gallery, Wrocław.
Marcin’s works are reproduced in Kinga Bobińska’s and Piotr Gałecki’s book „Zaburzenia psychiczne u osób upośledzonych umysłowo„ [„Mental disorders in mentally disabled people„] (Wrocław: Continuo, 2010).
He is a joint winner, with ArtBrut Studio and Gallery, of Gazeta Wyborcza’s WARTO Award for visual arts in 2013.