Elwira Zacharska (b. 1981) has been associated with ArtBrut Gallery since its inception. She has always had a special interest in flowers, which led her to train as a gardener. (She has worked in the Japanese Garden in Wrocław.) Flowers are also a central theme in her work. She utilizes dry flowers, makes glass paintings and draws. Elwira is also interested in photography. She creates series of thematic photos, arranging them in compositions, and presenting them as printouts or light boxes.
She is a joint winner, with ArtBrut Studio and Gallery, of Gazeta Wyborcza’s WARTO Award for visual arts in 2013.
Selected shows and events:
- „Antidote” project at the 12th Survival Art Survey, City – Inflammatory State, Wrocław.
- „On the Common: Waves All Around 1 & 2”, WRO Art Center and as part of the Media Art Biennale WRO 2013 Pioneering Values, Wrocław.
- „Rights of Equals”, the project of ArtBrut Gallery and the Regional Delegation of the European Commission in Wrocław.
- „Jubilo” project, ArtBrut Gallery and Song of the Goat Theatre, Wrocław.
- „Elwira’s Garden”, ArtBrut Gallery, Wrocław.
- „Pink”, ArtBrut Gallery, Wrocław.
- „ArtBrut Enchanters shows”, ArtBrut Gallery, Wrocław.